Listed below are the activities at Willesley Campsite. We normally book in 2 hour long sessions, but can be flexible dependent on other bookings and people’s availability. At the weekends, sessions usually start at 10,1 and 3. Guidelines for numbers: Most activities will entertain 15-20 participants for the full two hours. The less participants, the more activity time they get, but watching is fun too . We recommend slightly less (10-15) for abseiling. There are two categories of activities – Leader led and Instructor Led.
Instructor led activities
The following activities must be supervised by an appropriately qualified instructor. We have some local instructors who may be available given sufficient notice. Send an enquiry, we’ll ask them if they are free and let you know if anyone is available. You may provide your own suitably qualified instructors if approved by The Willesley Activity coordinator at least two weeks beforehand. Wardens may need to see valid certification on the day before the activity can start. Wardens or deputies may audit behaviours during the activity and reserve the right to cease activity if rules are not complied with without refund. This is to ensure safe operation.
- Abseiling/Climbing 2. Archery 3. Air Rifle Shooting 4. High Zip Wire
To book an activity, please contact our booking secretary.
Please note there is a minimum recommended height of 1.2m and age limit of over 9 for this activity.
The following activities must be supervised by one of your responsible group leaders who must read the operating rules and sign to say that they will enforce them before the activity can start. Wardens or deputies may audit behaviours during the activity and reserve the right to cease activity if rules are not complied with without refund. This is to ensure safe operation.
- Bouldering Wall 2. Karts 3. Low Zipwire 4. Potholing 5. Spider Frame. 6. Orienteering 7. Rubber Band Alley
1. Bouldering Wall. Challenge yourselves around our bouldering wall with a rubber floor just in case you slip off
Bouldering Wall Rules
2. Karts. We have four Berg off road go-karts for you to try your skills pedalling around our forest track
3. Low Zipwire. A 100m long sit-on zip wire through the forest for participants up to 70kg
Low Zipwire Rules (on site at present)
4. Potholing. We have made the old brick water tanks from the hall into a below ground labyrinth. It’s as dark as you want to make it, cold and wet, just like a cave. Wear old clothes, and a torch if you want. Leaders can add to the fun by hiding treasure, making spooky noises etc.
We have 40 permanent orienteering markers positioned on site, maps and courses designed for Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers (with the ‘answer’ checksheets for the leaders). You will need to bring paper and pencils for participants to log their checkpoints. TO DOWNLOAD – right click and select “Save Image As”
7. Rubber Band Alley
Great all weather activity, positioned in a shed in the courtyard, 2 hours of fun shooting rubber bands from wooden guns at all sorts of targets!